Could I go back to work right after a root canal?

Usually yes. After root canal surgery, you should be able to return to work quickly. However, this will also depend on the type of anesthesia used. Consult with your oral surgeon or dentist.
Many cases yes. It depends on the situation and of course your pain tolerance. Many times I have patients fall asleep during root canals and they feel fine later as well. Sometimes it is very tender later too. You will not likely hurt anything by going back, just have some pain. Ask your provider what they think.
Yes, definitely. Yes, definitely. A root canal is a very painless procedure for the patient. After the root canal is complete, the only thing you should feel is some numbness for a few hours.