I need root canal therapy but i'm terrified. Any advice?

Dr. James Yang
Dentistry

In brief: Fear of unknown

Find a dentist who is willing to explain what they are doing.
It may also help to look for someone who offers sedation dentistry.

In brief: Fear of unknown

In brief: Root canal

Many people are afraid of root canals they have a bad reputation, this reputation is not earned.
Modern root canals are painless dentists have newer anestetic that works much better than those of the past.Also our instruments are much more effective requiring less than 1/3 the time .This makes the procedure much easier than it was 15 years ago.Most of my paitents ask me "that was it?" afterward.

In brief: Root canal

Dr. Eric Eltzroth
Dentistry

In brief: Sedation

Many dentists offer sedation.
It can be a nice option for folks who have high anxiety.

In brief: Sedation

Many dentists offer sedation.
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry

In brief: Do research...

Do your research and read about root canals and the alternatives.
Knowledge can give you the confidence to make a prudent decision information is available on www.Iabdm.Org.

In brief: Do research...