For a toe nail fungus, which over-the-counter cream is more effective, Lamisil (terbinafine) or lotrimin?

Fungus. Neither of them a good for nail fungus. Dark lines may be something more serious. Oral meds are fairly effective but run risk of liver damage. Laser has shown to be quite effective.
I don't find. Any topicals to be very effective on toe nail fungus. Oral Lamisil (terbinafine) is much more effective.
Neither. Unless you are catching an infection of the nail very early while it is superficial, neither cream has much chance at success. Fungal nail infections can involve the full thickness of the nail and nail bed, so these creams don't address the whole infection. Your podiatrist can speak of prescription medications, which have a much better track record.