When I was 14 years old, I had cryosurgery done because of cervical cancer. Can I get pregnant?

Dr. Edward Neilsen

Cryosurgery removes some of the cell from the outside of the cervix, but does not usually lower the chance for pregnancy to occur..
.Unless significant scarring occurred after the procedure. Depending on how much of the cervix was removed, it may increase the risk of miscarriage. Both of these answers should be easy for an ob-gyn or family doctor to tell you after an examination.

Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Morton Levitt
Pathology

In brief: Cryosurgery/Pregnant

Absolutely! unless your cervical os is stenotic (and if you have been having periods, it is not), and you have an otherwise healthy uterus, you could become pregnant.

In brief: Cryosurgery/Pregnant

Dr. Morton Levitt
Dr. Morton Levitt