My gallbladder is filled with gallstones and the pain is unbearable. I am also having diahrrea. What can I do for pain and to stop the diahrrea ?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: Cholecystectomy
The only definitive treatment of gallbladder disease is to remove the "gallstone factory".
Like all operations, there are risks and it is up to you and your surgeon to decide if the benefits of this operation outweigh the risks. If you are like most patients, your quality of life will improve after this surgery. If the diarrhea is due to your gallbladder disease, this should improve as well.

In brief: Cholecystectomy
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Mark Kuhnke
I suggest a low fat diet for now. Once the gallbladder's been removed, you will not longer have any dietary restrictions. Good luck.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil