What can I do after a hysterectomy (and ovaries) to prevent dryness of the uterus?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: Vaginal dryness
I assume you meant vaginal dryness since the uterus was removed during the hysterectomy.
After the ovaries are removed hormone production stops leading to menopause. Vaginal dryness is common and easy treated with vaginal estrogen available as a cream, pellet, or a vaginal ring. Lubricants like astroglide or KY can help during intercourse.

In brief: Vaginal dryness
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
You might also try vaginal lubricants like Replens which you use 2 to 3 x/wk all the time. That will reduce a feeling of dryness with wiping or a feeling of rubbing with walking or sports.
Dr. Renee Harris
In brief: Vaginal lubricants
Since your uterus and ovaries are gone, the vagina can become dry.
This is especially accentuated if you are not on hormone replacement. Lubricants are useful. If you are not on hormones and the dryness is severe, i would recommend discussing low dose vaginal hormones with your doctor.

In brief: Vaginal lubricants
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Renee Harris
David Miller
In brief: Apothecary
In many locations, you can still find an old-fashioned apothecary or "compounding pharmacist" who still practices the delicate art of mixing made-to-order prescriptions.
These folks can often whip up custom creams for treating vaginal dryness for you if the off-the-shelf creams don't work for you.Estrogen supplements can be used as well.

In brief: Apothecary
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Adam Levy