The lump I have is in the upper part of my vagina and about a quarter size round, could this be a vaginal cancer?

Ben Ferguson
Surgery

In brief: Not necessarily.

Lumps in and around the vagina can be caused by many things, including but not limited to tumors, abscesses, lymph nodes, endometriosis, cervical masses, ectopic pregnancies, etc.
I would strongly recommend seeing your gynecologist to have it looked at.

In brief: Not necessarily.

Ben Ferguson
Ben Ferguson
Answer assisted by Ben Ferguson, Medical Student
Andrea Knittel

In brief: See a doctor

Vaginal cancer is one of the most rare kinds of cancer, although it is one possible cause of a lump in the vagina.
Other more likely causes of the lump include a cyst (which is a small pouch next to the vagina), a sexually transmitted infection, chronic irritation, or benign (non-cancer) growth of the vaginal wall. See a doctor to get this checked out!

In brief: See a doctor

Andrea Knittel
Andrea Knittel
Answer assisted by Andrea Knittel, Medical Student
Dr. Jane Van Dis