My doctor has told me I might be able to have cryotherapy/cryosurgery for my stage 3 cervical cancer. Will this cure me permanently?

Dr. Carolyn Thompson

In brief: Doubtful

Stage 3 cervical cancer is advanced cervical cancer that has spread to the vagina and to other tissues surrounding the cervix.
It is usually treated with radiation. Cin 3 is a precancer of the cervix and may be treated with cryotherapy. There is a 8-9% failure rate using this method.

In brief: Doubtful

Dr. Carolyn Thompson
Dr. Carolyn Thompson
Dr. Carolyn Thompson

In brief: Doubtful

Stage 3 cervical cancer is an advanced cancer that has spread from the cervix to surrounding tissues.
It is usually treated with radiation. Cin 3 is a precancerous lesion of the cervix and is not cancer. Cryotherapy may be used to treat cin 3; the failure rate is about 8-9%.

In brief: Doubtful

Dr. Carolyn Thompson
Dr. Carolyn Thompson
Dr. Marsha Davis