Is it true that you can develop cancer from vaginal douching or from even wearing tampons?

Andrea Knittel
In brief: No!
Vaginal douching can disrupt the natural bacteria that live in the vagina, but it won't cause cancer. Wearing one tampon for too long may lead to infection, sometimes severe, but it won't cause cancer. Hpv infection is the cause of most cases of cervical cancer, and smoking may also increase risk.
Using condoms, getting the hpv vaccine, and quitting smoking are the best things for prevention.

In brief: No!
Andrea Knittel
Andrea Knittel
Answer assisted by Andrea Knittel, Medical Student
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
In brief: No
I am not aware these things cause cancer.
Tampons are available for absorbing menstruation and should be disposed regularly. Bad infections may occur otherwise if left in place too long. Douching is done be women to maintain cleanliness and also not related to cancer.

In brief: No
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar