Is it possible to have a tubal ligation or an oophorectomy without having children?

Yes. A tubal ligation, having your "tubes tied, " is a permanent method of birth control. It is possible to have the procedure done without having children, as long as you do not desire future children. An oophorectomy, having your ovaries removed, is also possible without having children. However, ovaries are not typically removed unless there is some disease process affecting them.
Yes. Talk to your gynecologist they will be able to help you with this decision.