Is it normal to have mood swings after having a partial hysterectomy?

In brief: Mood swings

Yes. After a partial hysterectomy, it is not uncommon to have hormonal shifts that can lead to mood swings.
These will resolve. If the mood swings become concerning or do not resolve, call your doctor. Nonetheless, discuss your mood experiences with your doctor at your next appointment.

In brief: Mood swings

Dr. Caroline Cribari
Dr. Caroline Cribari
Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Yes and no

I assume that when you say a partial hysterectomy that you are referring to having the uterus removed but not the ovaries.
If the ovaries remain in place there are no hormonal changes that occur. People may have mood swings for a variety of reasons, but it would not be related to having the uterus removed with the ovaries still intact.

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jane Van Dis