I have a lump in my left breast that feels about the size of a plum pit. I have no symptoms of breast cancer, but could it still be it?

Yes, it can. This is why women are encouraged to do a self exam regularly, like every month or so. It can still be benign, but cancer must be ruled out. Mammograms at a certain age are also very important for the same reason. So the next step is to see your doctor to get this examined with tests, and the like, to find out exactly what this is.
Possible. Any lump in the breast , in adult the first thing is to rule out is cancer must have examination mammogram ( & sono if needed ) and biopsy to prove other wise , will not have any symptoms in early stages, please see your doctor.
Yes. Suggest a breast ultrasound, physical breast examination, and if those are not revealing, bilateral diagnostic mammogram. Af after that, there remains clinical suspicion, an MRI might be useful. Never let a negative imaging test dissuade from biopsy of a palpable clinically suspicious breast mass.