Is it necessary to have pap smear test if i'm still a virgin?

Dr. Maritza Baez

As long as your are 21 or older, yes you need a pap smear to look for cervical cancer or abnormal cells in the cervix.

Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez
2 comments
Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
Bear in mind that the CAUSES of cervical abnormalities are infectious. I think this mitigates this answer. It does in my practice.
Dr. Michael Sepulveda
I agree with Dr Hinshaw.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Debatable

The current recommendation is to begin pap smears at the age of 21 regardless of sexual activity.
Pap smears should be repeated every three years if they are normal. Abnormal paps will require closer and more frequent surveillance.

In brief: Debatable

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham