Is it normal to have cramps in the 3rd trimester?

Yes. There are 3 common causes of cramps in the 3rd trimester. Round ligament pain is pain in the structures supporting the uterus, often in the groin. Braxton-hicks contractions are "practice" contractions, when the uterus tightens or cramps periodically but they aren't regular. Labor can also cause cramping contractions every 3-5 minutes that don't go away with rest and hydration.
Yes. Episodic uterine cramps and contractions are normal in the third trimester. If you are contracting more than 3 or 4 times an hour for more than one hour before 34 weeks, you should go to l&d. After 34 weeks you can wait until contractions are closer (10 minutes or less) for a couple hours.