If someone has the HPV virus but their pap smear is normal, what treatment is available to get rid of the HPV virus?

None. It's not possible to eradicate the hpv virus, but you can learn the isotype to see if you have increased risks for cervical dysplasia/cancer. If your cervix looks normal and your pap is normal, just make sure to continue your exams as directed by your doc. Always keep track of any abnormal bleeding or post-coital bleeding and let your doc know this as well, especially of you have high risk hpv.
Patience. The body is capable of clearing hpv over time. 80% of women who contract hpv will clear it within one year. 90% will have cleared hpv within 3 years. About 10% of women will require more than 3 years to clear the virus - or they never clear it. They are at greatest risk for complications due to hpv, including cervical cancer.
Don't smoke...and. Clearing hpv infections once and for all is something your immune system should do. If you are over 30 and have had two normal paps that were hpv positive, it is recommended that you have a colposcopy done. If you have been dealing with abnormal paps on and off for several years and again are over the age of 30 or even 40, talk to your doctor about curative procedures. Smoking decreases cure.