I'm suffering from uterine fibroids. Will I ever be able to have children?

Dr. Rebecca Gray

In brief: Most likely

The size and placement of the fibroids is the most important factor in determining if pregnancy will be successful.
The larger the fibroid and placement within the uterine cavity make pregnancy more difficult to achieve.

In brief: Most likely

Dr. Rebecca Gray
Dr. Rebecca Gray
Dr. David Finke

In brief: Yes!

Fibroids are more common than you would think (about 40% of all women).
Most women who have fibroids will have normal healthy pregnancies. With larger fibroids and fibroids that are positioned near the site of placental attachment, your ob/gyn will probably follow the growth of your baby very closely. You should also be monitored for bleeding risks after delivery.

In brief: Yes!

Dr. David Finke
Dr. David Finke
Dr. Cindy Juster