I have been having symptoms of UTI for a couple weeks the doctor prescribed bactrim that didn't work so they took blood and a urine culture the urine came back with bacteria they explained to me that the bactrim maybe didn't work because of the typbacteri

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Makes sense

There are many diff bacteria that can cause utis and the type you had was resisitant, but the culture and sensitivity that they did will tell you which type of antibiotic should work.
I rarely use batrim as many bacteria are now resisitant to that one. I use Cipro (ciprofloxacin) - that usually works much better and u do not ahve to take it for as many days.

In brief: Makes sense

Dr. Adam Levy