I have a swollen, painful eye lid that started about three days ago. It started to feel like a bruise on the lower eyelid but after two days it became puffy. I do wear contacts but take em out at night. I don't have any allergies that i know of but i was

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology

In brief: Stye

It sounds like an acute blocked oil gland of the eyelid, or stye.
Discontinue contact lens wear and begin a hot compress routine to help bring the backed up secretions to a head. A gentle massage of the area after a 10' hot compress helps. Repeat 2 to 4 times daily. Cleansing the lashes and eyelids with diluted baby shampoo removes bacteria which aides recovery. After a few days , if no help c md.

In brief: Stye

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine