What should you do if you get much worse after psychotherapy? I have really stopped trusting meds and/or therapy is helpful and are very risky.

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Psychotherapy risks
Working with most professional psychotherapists, you shouldn't be getting worse with therapy.
If you are, please tell the therapist and your psychiatrist -- may also need 2nd opinion on your case. This said, unethically-behaving therapists may cause patients to worsen. This is rare, but happens. For ethics for different types of therapists: http://www.Goodtherapy.Org/ethics-therapy.Html.

In brief: Psychotherapy risks
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology
In brief: See Below
I'm sorry about your experiences.
Your treatment requires 2-way communication (from your providers to you and vise versa). Discuss your feelings with your providers; otherwise they might not know what's happening -- nobody can read your mind. Find a "talk therapist" to help you sort out through your feelings and trace the mistrust to possibly similar situations in the past. Good luck!

In brief: See Below
I'm sorry about your experiences.
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
2 comments
Dr. Donald Jacobson
I am a psychiatrist and have spent about twenty years in therapy with different therapists. It is often a case of goodness of fit. Oe therapist I saw refused to talk when I asked a question and he was not even a trained psychoanalyst! I gave him the benefit of the doubt and walked out on the third session. The others all had my respect from day 1. You will likely know when you have found a therapist you can work with.
Agree with input from both.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela