I had hysterectomy bilateral salpingo oophorectomy 3 months ago. Why does it feel like my body heats up so much?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: No hormones

After your ovaries are removed your body no longer produces estrogen.
This is surgical menopause. Some patients choose to start estrogen replacement therapy to help relieve these symptoms.

In brief: No hormones

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Carolyn Thompson

In brief: Hot flashes

You are in surgical menopause because your ovaries were removed and you no longer have the estrogen level you had prior to surgery.
The hot flashes you are describing are a symptom of menopause. Estrogen therapy can relieve the symptoms if they are disruptive. Many women just "wait it out".

In brief: Hot flashes

Dr. Carolyn Thompson
Dr. Carolyn Thompson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham