I had a vaginal probe ultrasound and doctors found fibroids in my uterus. Are fibroids fatal?

No. Fibroids are common and benign growths in the uterus. They can cause troubling symptoms such as bleeding, pressure on the bladder, or a big growth in the pelvis, but they can be treated effectively by medicine, uterine artery embolization, or surgery. Fibroids are not fatal. It is extremely rare that what looks like a fibroid is actually a cancer called a leiomyosarcoma.
No ! Fibroids are common benign, non-cancerous tumors. 1 of every 3 women of child bearing age have these tumors (and even more common in african-american women), many without any symptoms. If you have no symptoms no treatment is necessary. One exception to this is in women who have fibroids which are interfering with fertility.
Fibroids . Fibroids are benign (non-cancerous) tumors of the uterus. One in ten thousand carry a cancer. Most fibroids do not even need to be treated.