How many normal paps can you have after HPV to not spread it anymore?

In brief: Pap smears...

...Don't necessarily show hpv infection.
It was developed to detect early cervical cancer, not determine if someone is contagious with hpv. In particular, hpv outside of the cervix would not show up on pap.

In brief: Pap smears...

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Pathology

In brief: Relax

It is permanent, but please keep it in perspective.
HPV is not a major danger to life for people who take good ordinary care of their health. Today young women and men are immunized. And truth be told, I would rather remember being loved, and loved well, than have a lab slip certifying me as HPV free. Simply love safely, and be grateful for your good health.

In brief: Relax

Dr. Jane Van Dis