I had a heart ultra sound and it says that I have tricuspid valve regurgitation (mild) and mitral valve regurgitation (mild) but all else is norm. Is this ok. Can this kill me ?

Dr. Robert Binford
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Probably not

Mild regurgitation of valves is usually not a problem. You will need to be followed routinely by your doctor. Sometimes these leaks can worsen over time.
In that case you may need surgery at some point. It will also be important to take antibiotics before any procedure including dental.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. George Mathew
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No

Mild tricuspid and mitral valve regurgitation are benign conditions unless it get infected.
Then we call it as valve endocarditis.It can be deadly unless treated.

In brief: No

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine