What does it mean if it comes back on a blood test that the rubella titer was reactive?

Dr. Michael Amster

In brief: That's good

I'm assuming this is for prenatal labs.
You want to be "rubella immune". That means the vaccine worked. If you didn't react, you'd be susceptible to getting it and putting the fetus at risk.

In brief: That's good

I'm assuming this is for prenatal labs.
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster

In brief: You R protected

A positive rubella titer means your body has developed a protective level of antibodies to the rubella virus.
You either had rubella or had an immunization.To a woman it means you will not need to worry during pregnancy that your fetus will suffer the devastating effects of rubella. That virus can cause miscarriage, organ damage, blindness & deafness if it strikes during pregnancy.

In brief: You R protected

Dr. Jane Van Dis