Recovery period for optic nerve trauma due to craniopharyngioma.When will my husband recur his vision?

Dr. Ari Weitzner
Ophthalmology

In brief: Too vague

Could be days, weeks or never. Depends on extent of damage.

In brief: Too vague

Dr. Keshav Narain
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery

In brief: Depends

The craniopharyngioma is a benign but locally invasive tumor that can occur in the neighborhood of the optic nerves and a structure where they cross over called the optic chiasm. Depending on the degree of damage and the location of the tumor, the recovery of vision could be from a month to never. I have seen patients after surgery who are totally recovered in six months.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Mitchell Vogel
Have your eye doctor give you a thorough eye exam and testing to monitor your progress. Feel better.
Dr. Adam Levy