Can you detect anal or colon cancer via a pap smear?

No. A pap smear is a screening test for cervical cancer. It does not detect anal or colon cancer. People 50 years and older should get a colonoscopy to screen for colonrectal/anal cancer.
No. Pap smears are specific to detecting disease of the cervix and rarely the inside of the uterus. To detect anal cancers, a regular checkup with rectal exams is recommended. If there are risk factors for anal cancers, there are anal pap smears that should be performed. Colon cancer screening begins with either colonoscopy or virtual colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, barium enema, and/or fobt.