I have extreme anxiety and some panic. Is there anything I can do to jelp this that doesn't invoke medication?

Absolutely yes

Open-uri20121024-22977-147g9
You can work with a psychotherapist on your anxiety. The symptoms you describe could be part of different types of problems, which can be differentiated in an evaluation -- then treatment plan developed. Depending on how severe this is, medications could be recommended but the choice to use them is yours. Some can be very helpful in managing symptoms, while you're working in psychotherapy.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Differentiated Feeling anxious Psychotherapist Psychotherapy Anxiety Anxiety disorder

answered:

TO A DEGREE

Open-uri20121024-22865-lelzn8
Yes you can do therapy and do relaxation and meditation and deep breathing and get involved with biofeedback. Eat healthy and reduce caffeine and alcohol and other drugs and exercise. If too severe however these may not be sufficient and a combination with medication will be the most beneficial. See a therapist or a psychiatrist and discuss your symptoms and se what is best.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Alcohol Biofeedback Breathing Caffeine Exercise Feeling anxious Healthy diet Healthy eating Nodoz Psychiatry

Related Top Doctors