How long does metformin take to start working . I've been on it two weeks. I have pcos and type 1 diabetes and am worried about my blood sugar.?

Dr. Charles A Bryant
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Type 1 Diabetes

If you indeed have type 1 diabetes you need Insulin to control your blood sugar since you do not have the ability to make Insulin on your own.
You should discuss this with your physician.

In brief: Type 1 Diabetes

Dr. Charles A Bryant
Dr. Charles A Bryant
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: See your doctor

If you have type 1 diabetes, you will need Insulin as your treatment, not metformin.
Metformin is an excellent drug for type 2 diabetes but the mainstay treatment for type 1 is insulin. Please discuss this with your doctor.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Marsha Davis