Is it safe to douche while pregnant?

Dr. Rebecca Gray
In brief: No
Douching is never a good idea.
It disrupts the natural balance of the vaginal flora and makes you more susceptible to infection. During pregnancy, there is a risk of introducing infection into the uterine cavity.

In brief: No
Douching is never a good idea.
Dr. Rebecca Gray
Dr. Rebecca Gray
In brief: Not recommended
The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists recommends AGAINST Douching.

In brief: Not recommended
Dr. Douglas Lawson
In brief: Douching
This is what i tell my patients.
..If douching was recommended you would see doctors or nurses on douche product commercials. I really think of them as a waste of time and money. In pregnancy douching really shouldn't be done at all. If you have an odor issue see your OB doctor or midwife for evaluation.

In brief: Douching
This is what i tell my patients.
Dr. Douglas Lawson
Dr. Douglas Lawson
Dr. Jane Van Dis