After you've had a total hysterectomy do you still need to get a yearly pap smear done?

Depends. You only need to continue pap tests if the reason for your hysterectomy was cancer or precancerous lesions (i.e. Cin). Otherwise, if for fibroids, endometriosis, or heavy bleeding, you will no longer need pap tests if your cervix was removed with your uterus.
No. A pap test looks for cervical cancer. If you had a full hysterectomy, it means you don't have a cervix and therefore can't get cervical cancer and you don't need a pap test. You will however need a pelvic exam, becuase that checks our pelvis and ovaries, which you will still have after a hysterectomy.