11weeks after an ankle sprain been going to pt and for the past 2 weeks i've been having numbness in my foot i feel it the most when laying down. What is the possible cause?

In brief: Scarring on nerve

The fact that there is numbness described leads me to believe that there is nerve compressed.
After 11 weeks from an ankle sprain, pain should have subsided unless as part of the healing ligament, scar tissue formed and adhesions may have developed and are now compressing the adjacent nerve. Get your ankle examined properly. An mri/ct would probably be best to examine the soft tissue.

In brief: Scarring on nerve

Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Have it looked at.

Could be many things, but there is a probable nerve involvement.
Have it looked at.

In brief: Have it looked at.

Have it looked at.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: A nerve problem

Since you only had it for past 2 weeks, i would think it may be an issue with your back more so then an issue with the ankle sprain, as if from the sprain i would think it would of manifested sooner.

In brief: A nerve problem

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine