If I use the ferber method, what do I do during growth spurts or teething?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: There are Exceptions
The ferber method is fine as long as the baby has no other issues.
For example teething can be painful and it is not the proper thing to do to not console the baby. When the baby has an illness, the same rule applies. Otherwise thismethod s a good one to promote sleep hygiene.

In brief: There are Exceptions
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry
In brief: Quit
Either go on with it, or suspend its use for awhile.

In brief: Quit
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: Camelia
Camelia is a homeopathic teething remedy widely available and very often helpful.
You may be able to continue the ferber method by treating the teething this way. As far as growth spurts go...These occur so frequently in the first year as to be unavoidable.

In brief: Camelia
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Shontae Buffington