My mum was diagnosed with sle lupus about one year and 6 months ago, she also has diabetes, what can I expect?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: SLE and Diabetes
With appropriate medical care, medication compliance and excellent follow up with your diabetologist and rheumatologist, there is no reason that your mother can not lead a healthy, happy and productive life.

In brief: SLE and Diabetes
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Angus Worthing
In brief: Close monitoring
Many sle patients have limited disease but do have recurrent flares, and medications can interact with diabetes (eg, Prednisone worsens it).
To continue to have optimal health she should have close monitoring for complications, and try to eat and exercise appropriately. Both of these conditions can increase the rate of hospitalizations and serious illnesses -- important to family members.

In brief: Close monitoring
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Adam Levy