What are the chances of harming my baby if I fall on my stomach?

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology
In brief: See below
Usually minimal.
You naturally try and get your arms in front to take a fall. The child is also somewhat protected by the tissue surrounding it. I would suggest going to your OB doctor or an urgent care center if you fell directly on your abdomen to check for fetal heart tones.

In brief: See below
Usually minimal.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: <1 %
Trauma to the uterus such as a direct fall or car accident, etc can rarely cause the placenta to separate.
This is called an abruption. It is unlikely before the third trimester and requires a significant blow to the abdomen. The symptoms would be uterine contractions, pain, and/or bleeding.

In brief: <1 %
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Jonathan Jassey