My rheumatologist confirmed that I am + anti DNA antibodies but he will not confirm it as lupus, what else could it be?

Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Anti-DNA antibody

Many persons make auto-antibodies to self-components (like dna) but have no sign of ill-effects from this.
Lab testing is done to support a diagnosis suspected by a doctor and testing should not be ordered in persons without symptoms.

In brief: Anti-DNA antibody

Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Dr. Michael Laccheo
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Many things

1. Positive antibodies can proceed the onset of disease.
2. It could be a false positive. 3. Low titers, especially if IgA can be seen in healthy populations. Accuracy also depends on the type of test that was used whether it was elisa or ria. No test in medicine is 100% and rheumatology tests are worse than most.

In brief: Many things

Dr. Michael Laccheo
Dr. Michael Laccheo
Dr. Adam Smith