My middle and my little finger are swollen at the top joint, what could this mean?

Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Arthritis

The joint at the end of the finger, closest to the nail, is a common location for osteoarthrtis.
As arthritis develops the joints can swell, and bone spurs form which feel like hard bumps. Diffuse swelling about the joint is typically related to inflammation. Sometimes a more localized swelling will occur which may represent a cyst.

In brief: Arthritis

Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. John Michalski
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Finger swelling

Consider arthritis, heberden's node of arthritis, mucous cyst, ganglion cyst, or arthritis spur.

In brief: Finger swelling

Dr. John Michalski
Dr. John Michalski
Dr. Marsha Davis