How long will I be noticeably swollen for after a total joint replacement of the tmj's?

Everyone is differen. This is a question that really can't be given a clear answer. Everyone heal at there own pace, so it depends on you., and how extensive the joint replacement is.
Joint Replacement. This is becoming a more common joint replacement. The swelling is due to the inflammation in the surrounding tissues, normal after a surgery. This will improve week by week, but some people do have persistent changes in a joint that become permanent. Discuss this with your surgeon, and any ways to reduce the swelling. He or she may be able after a few weeks to tell what may be long term.