Why would my daughter need to see a rheumatologist for her high fevers?

Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: FUO
Fever of unknown origin (FUO) is a common reason for a referral for a child with persistent high fevers with no known cause (like an obvious infection).
Fuo referrals can include rheumatologists, infection disease specialists, and hematologists/oncologists in order to help figure out what is going on. I hope she feels better soon.

In brief: FUO
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Aruna Bakhru
Your doctor maybe wanting to rule out Rheumatologic causes, auto immune, Lyme etc
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Maybe
Maybe, but if you have no specific cause see your pediatrician first.
They may be able to diagnose and treat the problem. And if not, they can refer to the appropriate specialist.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Adam Smith