Why would my daughter need to see a rheumatologist for her high fevers?

Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: FUO

Fever of unknown origin (FUO) is a common reason for a referral for a child with persistent high fevers with no known cause (like an obvious infection).
Fuo referrals can include rheumatologists, infection disease specialists, and hematologists/oncologists in order to help figure out what is going on. I hope she feels better soon.

In brief: FUO

Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Aruna Bakhru
Your doctor maybe wanting to rule out Rheumatologic causes, auto immune, Lyme etc
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Maybe

Maybe, but if you have no specific cause see your pediatrician first.
They may be able to diagnose and treat the problem. And if not, they can refer to the appropriate specialist.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Cindy Juster