Foot fracture or sprain if ankle tight?

Need X-ray. You need to get your foot/ankle checked and x-rays taken in order to determine if a fracture is present. If this is a recent injury, the tightness can be from swelling from both conditions. However, it is important to diagnose the correct condition so proper treatment can be rendered.
Many possibilities. Your pain could be as a result of many different things. A thorough history and physical exam and possibly some laboratory and radiology exams are needed to determine the exact cause. Causes of pain may include: trauma (fracture, sprain, arthritis, tight shoes), infection, metabolic conditions (gout), musculoskeletal or biomechanical abnormality and neurologic conditions (neuropathy).
Either. You need an exam and x-ray to tell the differance.