Child psychiatrist question? Is conversion therapy for teens effective?

Dr. Israr Abbasi

In brief: No

I am assuming that " therapy to convert ones sexual orientation " if it is somethimg else than sorry .
There is a section of therapist that may claim otherwise but general agreement in academia is that it is not.

In brief: No

Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: No - its dangerous

Assuming you mean attempts to change sexual orientation these intervention usual do not work in the long run, cause enormous distress to the teen and have been specifically disapproved by several mental health grouops.

In brief: No - its dangerous

Dr. Jonathan Jassey