Is normally necessary to be given general anesthesia during wisdom tooth removal?

Neccessary. Not absolutely and more commonly it is conscious (IV) sedation more than general. You can have it done completely awake and just with local anesthesia (i do a lot of them) or you can sleep through it and remember little to nothing. Most would prefer to sleep but may not want the cost. Ask your dental provider for more details.
Usually. It is recommended for your comfort as the procedure is invasive. If you feel more comfortable being fully awake this is also fine. It is your choice. The procedure will be a lot faster if you are asleep.
No. Most teeth extractions can be done under local anesthesia with a cooperative patient. If there are especially impacted teeth then some sedation might be indicated. It is rare that a full general anesthetic would be needed for dental extraction. If you have concerns please contact your dentist and discuss these fears with him. Procedure is very safe. Good luck.
Sometimes. Anesthesia during extractions is required to assure that you are comfortable/pain-free during the procedure.The difficulty of the procedure and the anxiousness of the patient determine what type of anesthesia is necessary.A very difficult procedure, a very nervous patient, or limited opening may require general.Easier extractions may just require local anesthesia.Sometimes laughing gas is also used.
Necessary - No. It is not necessary for every patient to have a general anesthetic for removal of wisdom teeth. Is it common? In some oral surgeon's offices it can be a common form of anesthesia. With trained personnel, proper monitoring, and equipment, general anesthesia can be a very safe and comfortable option for many patients.