I was just wondering, could varicose veins make your legs hurt so bad that you have trouble walking sometimes?

Dr. George Clark
Surgery - Vascular

Though veins can be symptomatic with walking, light exercise often will improve symptoms.
. Suggest md evaluation as pain may also relate to arterial disease. At your age, pad less likely though there are some unusual arterial problems that can cause trouble. Suggest seeing a vascular surgeon.

Dr. George Clark
Dr. George Clark

Varicose veins can cause no pain or severe pain.
They typically become more painful throughout the day. In order to prevent the pain associated with varicose veins a conservative management is first used which consists compression stockings. You can get these from a medical supply store, although you may need a prescription.

Dr. Ernest Zichal
Dr. Ernest Zichal
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Possible

Severe pain from varicose veins is possible but generally the pain is worth with standing still and not with activity.
I would wonder if something else is going on. See you doctor and if there is nothing else going on that might explain the amount of pain you are having, it might very well be your veins.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Eric Weisman