Can you feel a bulging disc under your skin? I have a bump on my spine i can feel and have been having back pain for almost 2 months.

Dr. Pietro Seni
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: No

No, you can not, the disc is too deep and located between to vertebrae to be felt under your skin.
You are feeling a soft tissue mass that cuold represent a lipoma or some other benign mass.Back pain could be related to the bulging disc but not to the mnass you are feeling.

In brief: No

Dr. Pietro Seni
Dr. Pietro Seni
Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Disc bulge

No. The disc is not palpable under the skin.
Shifting of the vertebrae due to disc changes making the spinous process more prominent may occur. Also soft tissue masses may also present in this manner.

In brief: Disc bulge

Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Dr. Jimmy Bowen