How do I tell if I have arthritis on my hands/knuckles?

Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Arthritis

More serious forms of arthritis, rheumatoid, osteoarthritis, psoriatic, and each will have some changes in the joints of the hands, stiffness, swelling of specific joints, and problems with hand function.
If these changes are present, or are progressing, you need to check with your physician, or see a rheumatologist, a specialist in arthritis conditions.

In brief: Arthritis

Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. David Tuckman
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: An Xray

There are many types of arthritis, the most common is osteoarthritis.
Given your age it would be unlikely to be arthritis but i would see a doctor and get an xray to make sure.

In brief: An Xray

Dr. David Tuckman
Dr. David Tuckman
Dr. Vicken Poochikian