I have a hard pea sized lump on the outside lower right side of my gum. It feels like a bone. I don't have any cavities onthat side. What could it be?

In brief: Exostosis

If it has been there for a while, it may be a bony outgrowth called exostosis.
If it appeared suddenly see your dentist for an evaluation.

In brief: Exostosis

Dr. Sharon Perelman
Dr. Sharon Perelman
Dr. Kayvon Javid
Dentistry

In brief: Tori

It is normal to have extra lump of bone which are called tori but you must have that checked by a dental professional.

In brief: Tori

Dr. Kayvon Javid
Dr. Kayvon Javid
Dr. Hans Reinemer
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: See the dentist

A thorough examination and a radiograph (x-ray) will be enough to diagnose the bump.
In that area it is possible that it could be a tooth related infection even though you don't have a cavity there now. It could also be a benign bony projection. Best to see your dentist for an evaluation.

In brief: See the dentist

Dr. Hans Reinemer
Dr. Hans Reinemer
Dr. Jack Hinkle