How long does it take for post traumatic arthritis to really set in?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me explain
Post traumatic arthritis happened after traumatic injury to the joint and supporting structures.
If the joint for example had ligament injury(acl)arthritis could start in the joint in about 6-9 month.If the bone in the joint have break it well have arthritis set in itdepending on the severity of the fracture. If both the ligament and the bone were injured, this shorten the period of the arthritis.

In brief: Let me explain
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: See below
It typically takes years for the changes associated with post traumatic arthritis to develop.
It is usually caused by an initial injury that makes the joint somewhat unstable and causes irregular weight bearing characteristics which then affects the cartilage weight bearing surface of the joint.

In brief: See below
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Peter Kurzweil