Is it okay to pop my wrists if I have arthritis in them?

Dr. Jonathan Kirschner
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Don't pop joints

You should not pop joints excessively.
If they always feel tight you probably need to stretch and loosen up more. If you have arthritis popping the joint causes the irregular surfaces to rub against each other and wear out faster.

In brief: Don't pop joints

You should not pop joints excessively.
Dr. Jonathan Kirschner
Dr. Jonathan Kirschner

In brief: Occasional may be ok

Cracking a joint moves the parts of the joint, with the cracking noise coming from cartilage surfaces sliding, from movement of a little air-space from one place in the joint to another, or from some other non-traumatic event.
A person with arthritis inflammation in a joint that feels better and looser after cracking may crack it occasionally to soothe symptoms, but long-term effects are uncertain.

In brief: Occasional may be ok

Dr. Steven Seres