My joints hurt and there is rough skin around my elbows. Could this be arthritis?

Possibly. If the skin condition involving the elbows is psoriasis then there is a possibility of psoriatic arthritis, which occurs in 20% of the patients with psoriasis. This would generally be manifested as painful and swollen joints classically involving 2 or 3 joints.
Could be. You should see your internist for a serologic examination to rule out auto-immune conditions at your age. A dermatologist may also be of assistance in looking at your rough ski to determine if this is possible eczema or psoriatic arthritis.
Arthritis. This could be psoriatic arthritis. If this pain continues then a consult with a rheumatologist would be recommended.