Is it possible to have arthritis in your knee after getting surgery?

Dr. Edward Neilsen
Arthritis is wear and tear in the joint.
...I often say "rust in the joint." this can be from many things - years of physical activity, being overweight, genetics, rheumatological problems...To name a few. Even a complete knee replacement can have degenerative changes around the replacement (although less so). Staying active and flexible are some of the best ways of helping this.

Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Brian Badman
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Sure
Really depends on nature of surgery but short answer is yes.
If the surgery was to "clean up" a torn meniscus this can lead to arthritic change in the knee long term. The less shock absorber you have the greater stress the cartilage will see and the more rapid the wear.

In brief: Sure
Dr. Brian Badman
Dr. Brian Badman
Dr. Peter Kurzweil