I have spina bifida, arthritis in my knee, and pain from my tailbone down- should I exercise?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: See your doctor

You could have a host of issues that could cause your pain, could be bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, ligament issues, meniscal injury, sciatica etc.
So you may want to see an orthopedic pain specialist that can tell you what is going and help you with the latest treatments or exercise therapies available. You may want to consider stem cell therapy as well. Regenexx.Com

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: Everyone should

Do you want to have spina bifida, arthritis, and pain from the tailbone down, and be in lousy shape? Not exercising will make everything else worse.
Confer with your doctor to make sure that the exercises you are doing are appropriate for your condition, respect your body's limits, back off when the exercise causes pain, and exercise. And don't forget to eat healthy too.

In brief: Everyone should

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology

In brief: Maybe

As a general rule, exercise is necessary for healthy living.
But you have just indicated three separate problems, each of which needs to be evaluated separately and then the answer synthesized by your health care provider--translation: see your doc.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Eric Weisman